Accounts Payable Specialist
201 Highway U.S. 321
Dallas, NC 28034
201 Highway 321 South
Dallas, North Carolina, 28034
Opens: Monday, December 19, 2022
Closes: Monday, March 27, 2023
Closes: Monday, March 27, 2023
Target Start Date
Monday, February 20, 2023
Expected Work Hours
MINIMUM EDUCATION QUALIFICATIONS
- Associate degree from a regionally accredited institution in accounting, business, or related field. (Required)
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
- Working knowledge of operating standard office equipment and related tools and technology required.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills required.
- Strong organization skills and demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment required.
- Generally, works in a traditional climate-controlled office environment and requires the ability to sit for extended periods.
- Some walking, standing, and bending required, and the ability to lift and maneuver items weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Work environment can be stressful at times in dealing with a wide variety of challenges and deadlines.
- In addition to regular office hours, position sometimes requires overtime and/or evening hours.
- Minimum of One-year experience in accounting required; two years preferred.
- Experience with North Carolina’s E-Procurement purchasing system preferred.
OPEN UNTIL FILLED -
Perform various diversified duties that involve independent judgment in accordance with established procedures; process accounts payable; solve problems; assist the Accounts Payable Specialist with processing requisitions, purchase orders and blanket purchase orders, maintaining related files, and resolving E-Procurement issues.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review incoming invoices and billing statements, addressing items that are inconsistent with College policies and procedures. Follow-up on any discrepancies found.
- Audit invoices to determine mathematical accuracy and compliance with applicable laws; voucher, print, balance and maintain files of all state, special, and county account expense checks. Be familiar with general ledger account coding in order to determine whether account codes are accurate.
- Receive, match all incoming packing slips and invoices with purchase orders. Audit them for correctness, and process for payment on a daily basis.
- Work closely with the budget accountant to manage departmental budgets to ensure payments are within set budgets.
- Verify, balance, and print student financial aid checks including E-checks as needed.
- Generate reports, checks, and maintain balances for the bookstore.
- Research questions/concerns of vendors, students, and employees.
- Respond to various inquiries from vendors and departments concerning purchase orders.
- Assist state and federal auditors in gathering necessary materials in order to fulfill audit needs.
- Process daily DCA deposit check.
- Process Foundation checks, as needed.
- Post positive pay for state, county, special and foundation checks.
- Contact vendors to resolve any issues with invoices.
- Communicate with vendors and shipping and receiving department concerning damaged or wrong items received.
- Maintain all open and closed purchase orders files.
- Assist with closing out all open orders at end of fiscal year and generating reports needed for fiscal year closeout, including vendor credits and payables.
- Manage accounts payable email and mail.
- Process weekly P-card payments for FSI.
- Assist in preparation and submission of 1099 forms by the required deadline.
- Complete public information requests accurately and timely.
- Oversee monthly p-card program including sending request for reports to users and completing the approval process in accordance with the p-card manual & policies.
- Prepare and scan checks and other documents into ImageNow system
- Process escheats annually by the required deadline.
- Assist with management of insurance policies of the College including processing of insurance payments and claims. Assist with the renewal of insurance policies.
- Perform other related duties incidental to work described herein.
- Work on projects as identified or assigned.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact