Morehead City, NC
Closes: Friday, January 27, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Education: Associate degree in Business Administration or related field, or equivalent experience.
Knowledge and Skills: Two (2) years of experience in accounts payable is required. Must possess the ability to communicate effectively with faculty, staff, students, and vendors. Must be self-directed with the ability to investigate and solve practical problems without direct instruction or supervision. Must possess strong computer skills including Microsoft Excel and Word. Preferred: Accounts Payable experience in an educational or governmental setting, including experience using Colleague software.
Licensing: None required; Notary certification preferred
See minimum qualifications
Carteret Community College is accepting applications for a full-time Accounts Payable Technician. This is a full-time, benefit eligible position. Benefits include paid sick leave, paid vacation leave, 12 paid holidays per year, pension upon retirement (subject to 5 years' vesting which requires 6% employee contribution), low-cost health insurance, and low-cost optional insurance such as vision, dental, and group life.
Salary Range: $32,369 to $40,000.
The Accounts Payable Technician is responsible for processing all payments of invoices.
Essential Job Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Prepares and processes all College payment requests.
- Understand and interpret vendor invoices, statements, and other requests for payment.
- Matches original invoices with received purchase orders; performs calculations to determine appropriate payment schedules and amounts.
- Follows up on account statements and other discrepancies regarding payment of accounts.
- Upload check files to NC State Treasurer for all State checks.
- Prepares monthly Form E-500, Sales and Use Tax Return, and submits that along with tax payment to NCDOR.
- Prepares outgoing remittances to vendors.
- Maintains file of all College check copies.
- Runs reconciliation reports to verify data was input correctly.
- Follows up with vendors on accounts payable checks that have not cleared the bank and, if necessary, issues an affidavit.
- Monitors blanket purchase orders and periodically notifies the department of balances.
- Follows up with vendors when items have been received without an invoice.
- Maintains the W9 and Certificate of Liability documents.
- Prepares and processes 1099 forms for vendors in accordance with IRS regulations.
- Prepares and submits County Capital reimbursement requests of capital expenditures to County Administration. Tracks receipt of reimbursement.
- Compiles accounts payable accrual information for the financial statement.
- Serves as backup Cashier when needed.
- Serve on College committees and task forces as assigned.
- Attend required campus events including graduation, professional development, & employee meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Work is carried out in a standard heated and air-conditioned space in a public area located in the H.J. McGee building. There will be frequent interruptions both from students and the public. Infrequent evening work may be required. Some travel may be required from time to time for professional development.
Carteret Community College is an EOE/E-verify employer. Job offers are conditional subject to a satisfactory criminal background check.
Job Post Contact
Human Resources Office
Carteret Community College
3505 Arendell Street
Morehead City, NC 28557