School of Arts & Sciences and Professional Services
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Friday, August 30, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Master's degree in any discipline within Arts and Sciences or a Master's degree with 18 graduate semester hours in any discipline within Arts and Sciences. Promote and support excellence in teaching and student learning outcomes.
One to three years of teaching experience in a post-secondary environment, preferably at a community college. Specific experience with online instruction and educational technology is preferred. Experience working with the diverse academic, socio-economic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of students.
ACA classes are designed to prepare students to be successful in college. Topics include study skills, stress management techniques, career exploration, and other topics that would aid students in becoming self-regulated learners.
The ACA instructor will:
- plan, organize, and teach college transfer and non-college transfer ACA classes, ensure that student learning outcomes are consistent with program learning outcomes and the mission of the college;
- maintain necessary records and submit reports in a timely manner;
- maintain adequate communication with the students and administration;
- prepare and revise syllabi;
- utilize educational technology;
- and other duties as assigned by the Associate Dean of Curriculum/Chair of Arts & Sciences and Professional Services.
How to Apply
Special Instructions to Applicants and Additional Information:
All applications for this position must be submitted directly via our online application system at https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/halifaxcc. Applications submitted through third party sites will not be accepted.