Adjunct Biology Instructor -- Human Anatomy and Physiology
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Monday, April 17, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Master’s degree in biology or a Master’s degree with 18 graduate semester hours in biology from a regionally accredited institution.
Successful teaching experience in a community/technical college or similar post-secondary institution.
Candidates for this position should have experience in teaching Human Anatomy and Physiology courses in higher education or have completed graduate course credits (minimum of 18 credit hours) in the subject area. This position involves teaching the following courses based on the needs of the department: BIO 163 (Introduction to A&P), BIO 168 (A&P I), and BIO 169 (A&P II). Candidates must be willing to use varied instructional methods to provide effective classroom, lab, and online instruction. Instruction of these courses can be face-to-face, hybrid, or online. Face-to-face instruction would be ideal but other modalities are acceptable.
- Prepare and execute lessons, lectures, activities, and exercises for lecture, laboratory, and online settings. There may be some standardization with course design and textbooks when teaching BIO 168 or BIO 169 (to align with full-time faculty).
- Develop and prepare effective tests of different types to accurately evaluate student performance.
- There is no lab technician. Faculty are expected to set up and break down their labs when teaching a face-to-face lab section.
- Maintain safe and proper practices in compliance with OSHA standards in all student activities.
- Grade and return assignments and maintain accurate grading and attendance records.
- Provide prompt and appropriate professional correspondence to students and colleagues.
- Contribute to college initiatives such as, but not limited to, recruiting, goal-planning, student success, and retention.
Other Important Functions:
- Coordinate with the science lead to order supplies, equipment, and textbooks as needed.
- Stay current on advising trends and curriculum changes to effectively guide students through degree pathways.
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Beaufort County Community College
5337 HWY 264 East, Washington, NC 27889