- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Thursday, August 1, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Master's degree in Chemistry or Master's degree and 18 hours in Chemistry
- Must be a team player who is committed to the community college "open door" philosophy
At least 18 graduate hours in Chemistry; at least (2) years of teaching experience
The primary purpose and function of this position is to deliver instruction and support student success.
The adjunct Chemistry Instructor will:
- plan, organize, and teach curriculum chemistry courses as assigned to ensure that student learning outcomes are consistent with program learning outcomes and the mission of the college;
- maintain necessary records and submit reports in a timely manner;
- prepare and revise syllabi;
- set-up labs, maintain laboratory equipment, and maintain chemical inventory (MSDS);
- other duties as assigned.
How to Apply
MUST READ Special Instructions and Additional Information to Applicants:
All applications for this position must be submitted directly via our online application system at https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/halifaxcc. Applications submitted through third party sites will not be accepted. Application packets for employment must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. on the closing date. If multiple applications are submitted to an individual posting, only the most recent application received prior to the posting close date will be accepted.
Resumes are not accepted in lieu of state applications. "See Attached Resume", etc. will result in an incomplete application. Resumes, cover letters, and all transcripts listed on application must be uploaded with your application.
To receive credit, all relevant experience must be included in the work history section of the application. Any information omitted from the application but included in the resume will not be considered for qualifying credit.
Persons eligible for Veteran's Preference must submit a copy of Form DD-214.