Brunswick Community College
50 College Road NE
Bolivia, NC 28422
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Friday, September 28, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- A.A.S. in Cosmetology from an accredited institution and two years documented experience as a Cosmetologist.
- Currently holds North Carolina State Board of Cosmetic Art Examiners Cosmetologist license and Cosmetology Teacher license.
- Demonstrated teaching skills.
- Demonstrated artistic manipulative skills in Cosmetology.
- Computer skills including Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Ability to use Microsoft office, Office 365, Moodle, Outlook
- Pivot Point training
- Five years cosmetology experience
- CEUs and/or advanced education in Cosmetology
- Community College Instructor Experience
Contributes to the department by successfully demonstrating knowledge and skills required to instruct and supervise students in the cosmetology discipline. Strives to promote the safety, health and comfort of the students, employees and guests of the College. Assumes initiative for carrying out the mission and goals of the Professional & Technical programs.
- Provides instruction that fulfills the requirements of the NC State Board of Cosmetic Art Examiners and the North Carolina Community College System for Cosmetology courses
- Demonstrates pivot point cosmetic art techniques in a simulated salon environment, that will enable students to develop manipulative skills and knowledge needed to achieve licensure
- Monitors inventory of supplies; maintains and teaches safety and sanitation measures to meet North Carolina State Board of Cosmetic Art Examiners requirements
- Completes and maintains accurate student grades, attendance and performance records
- Utilizes Moodle software and maintains accurate gradebook
- Update, communicate and follow course syllabus content in accordance with directions provided and administrative guidance
- Establishes positive rapport and effective communication with cosmetology director, faculty and staff, clients, peers and students
- Follows the appropriate chain of supervision, while demonstrating professionalism at all times
- Fulfill the duties of clinical or lab instructor in supervision of students as applicable
- Evaluate student performance using cosmetology rubrics
- Attend workshops, conferences, and professional meetings
- Participate in on-campus professional development activities
- Maintain current licensure, certification, or other professional credentials required for position
How to Apply
A completed and signed Brunswick Community College application, a letter stating your qualifications related to the position requirements, skills and abilities, unofficial transcripts, and resume are preferred for most positions.
Applications can be found online at www.brunswickcc.edu
Applicants should send all documents and inquiries to any of the following:
Human Resources, Brunswick Community College
PO Box 30
Supply, NC, 28462
Fax (910) 754-8229
Telephone: (910) 755-7300
BCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer