- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Tuesday, March 3, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Master's degree from a regionally accredited institution in Criminal Justice or a Master's degree in an alternate field of study with 18 graduate semester hours in Criminal Justice.
- One to three years of teaching experience in a post-secondary environment at a community college.
- Experience teaching with online instruction and educational technology.
- Two years of industry experience in the field of study.
- Experience working with the diverse academic, socio-economic, cultural, disability, and ethic backgrounds of students.
The primary purpose of this adjunct Instructor position will plan, organize, and teach classes in the Criminal Justice curriculum program as assigned to ensure that student learning outcomes are consistent with program learning outcomes and the mission of the college. The adjunct instructor will use available instructional technologies, maintain necessary records, submit all reports in a timely manner, prepare and revise course syllabi, and complete related other duties as assigned.
How to Apply
MUST READ Special Instructions and Additional Information to Applicants:
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE PROCESSED.
Resumes are not accepted in lieu of state applications. "See Attached Resume", etc. will result in an incomplete application. Resumes, cover letters, and all transcripts listed on application must be uploaded with your application or this will also result in an incomplete application. Official transcripts must be submitted to the Human Resources Director within (15) days upon hiring.
All applications must be submitted directly via our online application system at https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/halifaxcc. Applications submitted through third party sites will not be accepted. Application packets for employment must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. on the closing date. If multiple applications are submitted to an individual posting, only the most recent application received prior to the posting close date will be accepted.
Resumes are not accepted in lieu of state applications. "See Attached Resume", etc. will result in an incomplete application. Resumes, cover letters, and all transcripts listed on application must be uploaded with your application.
To receive credit, all relevant experience must be included in the work history section of the application. Any information omitted from the application but included in the resume will not be considered for qualifying credit.
Persons eligible for Veteran's Preference must submit a copy of Form DD-214.