School of Arts & Sciences and Professional Services
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Thursday, August 1, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Bachelor's degree in Mathematics or a related field from a regionally accredited institution;
- adheres to educational practices that promote and support excellence in teaching and student learning outcomes.
- Master's Degree in Mathematics;
- two years teaching at a community college;
- experience with Blackboard;
- experience in Mathematics;
- experience in a community college setting/development mathematics.
The primary purpose and function of this position is to deliver instruction and support student success.
The adjunct Mathematics Instructor will:
- plan, organize, and teach developmental mathematics courses as assigned to ensure that student learning outcomes are consistent with program learning outcomes and the mission of the college;
- maintains necessary records and submits all reports in a timely manner;
- prepares and revises syllabi;
- utilize educational technology;
- Other duties as assigned by the Associate Dean of Curriculum/Chair of Arts & Sciences and Professional Services.
How to Apply
Special Instructions to Applicants and Additional Information:
All applications for this position must be submitted directly via our online application system at https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/halifaxcc. Applications submitted through third party sites will not be accepted.