- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Friday, August 6, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
High School Diploma or GED. Current Certification as a certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technician (CCHT); One year of relevant work experience as a Hemodialysis Technician; One year of relevant teaching experience; and, Certified in cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) with American Heart Association (AHA).
- Knowledge of educational technology including on-line delivery.
- Online teaching experience
- Community college teaching experience with credit or non-credit classes
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Adequate physical abilities to function in a classroom and skill lab. Must be physically able to perform job duties, including moving, bending, and lifting up to 30 lbs.
Certified as a Clinical Hemodialysis Technician (CCHT).
Associate of Applied Science Health Science Degree; Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technician (CCHT); two years of relevant teaching experience; certified in AHA cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR).
This part-time teaching position will be responsible for didactic and lab instruction for the dialysis technician program. The individual must coordinate all instructional activities to ensure an educational continuum between didactic, lab and the clinical environment. Also, the individual must follow up with clinical sites for students who in clinical training.
Must have ability to work evening hours, Saturdays (when needed), and day or evening.
The position reports to the Health Science Coordinator.
- Assists and reports directly to the Health Sciences Coordinator, and maintains regular ongoing communication relevant to activities of dialysis technician students.
- Prepares and teaches assigned course in accordance with course syllabus and published course schedule.
- Assesses and evaluates student performance.
- Maintains accurate records of student progress and attendance.
- Maintains student clinical records.
- Assists with preparation, review, and update of course syllabi.
- Recommends and assists with curriculum revisions as necessary.
- Maintains adequate supplies, and orders necessary supplies as needed.
- Assists with the preparation of the program, class lecture and skills lab documents.
- Assists in planning and implementing the coordination of skills lab activities.
- Maintains effective communication with students, other faculty, staff, Health Sciences Coordinator and division dean.
- Documents program and student learning outcomes for didactic, and skills simulation lab experiences.
- Maintains instructional space
- Displays effective time management skills in the performance of all required activities related to the position.
- Performs other related duties incidental to the position as deemed necessary by the Program Coordinator of Health Sciences and division dean.
- This position description covers the most essential functions and duties associated with this position. Other duties may be assigned by the President or appropriate supervisory personnel. The College reserves the right to alter duties, responsibilities, conditions, working hours, and job title as necessary.