RCC Main Campus
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Monday, November 30, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- A minimum of five-years of experience as an Electric Line-worker.
- A high school diploma or the equivalent.
- Ability to work outdoors in various weather conditions.
- Ten-years or more of high-voltage Electric Line-worker experience.
- Underground high-voltage electric distribution experience.
- Ability to teach and perform pole-top rescue.
- Current Commercial Driver’s License (CDL).
Duties and Responsibilities:
This position will assist in the instruction of:
- Climbing of wooden poles.
- Pole top rescues
- The installation of personal protective grounds.
- The construction of overhead power lines
- The construction of underground power lines.
- Trenching and Excavating
- Transformer fundamentals.
- Working with Aerial Devices
How to Apply
Application Process: To apply for a vacant position, complete the Richmond Community College application and submit it with photocopies or unofficial copies of your College transcripts. For positions where a high school diploma or equivalent is the highest required degree, then proof of high school/equivalency is required. Application and review process can be found on the RCC website. No action will be taken on submission of a resume or letter of interest only. Incomplete files will not be considered.
Methods to submit an application:
Online submission at www.richmondcc.edu
In person: 1042 W. Hamlet Avenue, Hamlet, NC, DeWitt Building, 2nd floor.
Position Available: Immediately