Main Campus, Williamston, NC
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Tuesday, December 31, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Associates degree in Electrical Technology, Electrical Engineering/Servicing
- At least two years’ experience in the field of Electronic or Electrical Technology
- NC Electrician License
- Previous teaching experience preferred
See minimum qualifications
- Provides regular instruction and course development for the installation and maintenance of electrical systems found in residential, commercial and industrial facilities. Coursework includes topics such as AC/DC theory, basic wiring practices, programmable logic controllers, industrial motor controls, applications of the National Electric Code and other subjects.
- Additional duties include organizing a semester course following departmental guidelines, creating course materials (tests, handouts, lectures, slides, assignments, rubrics, models, activities, group work), determining a fair grading system, setting up materials on Black Board (grade book, tests, lectures), setting up policies compliant with departmental and school regulations, holding student conferences as needed, and creating lesson plans.
- Instructors will keep attendance using College provided Attendance Sheets, complete FTE and progress reports as required, correspond with students and supervisors through e-mail in a timely manner, submit grade and attendance reports as required, work with students registered with Disabilities Services, and be accessible to supervisors by phone.
- Instructors will complete all compulsory training in regards to FERPA, Title IX, and Campus Safety. Instructors should deal with student issues professionally and report unresolved issues or classroom incidents to their supervisors. Instructors must adhere to all division and campus policies and procedures.
Instructor(s) needed for the following Spring 2020 courses:
- ELC 114 – Commercial Wiring (Full 16 weeks – 1:30 p.m.-3:10 p.m.)
- ELC 117 – Motors Control (1st 8 weeks – 8:00 a.m.-10:40 a.m.)
- ELC 128 – Intro to PLC (2nd 8 weeks – 8:00 a.m. – 9:40 a.m.)
- ELC 228 – PLC Applications (Full 16 weeks – 11:00 a.m. – 12:40 p.m.)
How to Apply
Applicants interested in applying for the above position should submit:
- Completed and signed Martin Community College application (http://www.martincc.edu/employmentopportunities)
- Copy of college transcripts (originals will be required if offer of employment is extended)
- Resume and cover letter (not accepted in lieu of application)
Application materials may be submitted via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with position title in the subject line OR mailed to: Martin Community College, Attn: Office of Human Resources 1161 Kehukee Park Road Williamston, NC 27892