54 College Drive, Marion, NC 28752
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Friday, November 18, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Certificate or Diploma in Automotive Systems Technology with at least five (5) years experience that includes ASE certification or willingness to obtain within six (6) months or hold other state, regional or nationally recognized credentials such as NC DOT Vehicle and Emissions Safety Inspection Certification. Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills and proficiency with computer software and learning management systems. Must hold a valid North Carolina driver’s license. Ability to present a professional teaching presence for theory and practical skills to develop rapport with students, faculty and workforce industry partners.
Faculty must demonstrate competence in subject matter and be dedicated to adult and community college education. Faculty must be competent in oral and written communication and in use of technology relevant to teaching and learning.
Associate Degree Automotive Systems Technology with three (3) to five (5) years of practical work experience in the Automotive industry; and equivalent combination of working and teaching experience are preferred. This may include service writing to assess vehicle and manufacturer certification, parts service and ordering management including installation and repair as well as providing excellent customer service. Bilingual a plus.
Under the supervision of the Program Coordinator/Lead Faculty Member, the Associate Dean of Career and Technical Education and the Dean of Curriculum Programs and in accordance with the overall plan of the College, the automotive systems curriculum faculty provide effective learning conditions for all students through the design, planning, organization, execution, and evaluation of student performance in assigned areas, curriculum courses, classes or programs.
- Instruct scheduled courses (in area of specialty of training) in accordance with the Program of Study and the description published in the MTCC Catalog and the North Carolina Community College System Common Course Library.
- Participates in implementation of program policies for admission, progression and retention to support students in meeting graduation requirements.
- Assists with coordination of observational experiences with workforce and industry partners.
- Participates in departmental, advisory, and administrative support committee meetings as scheduled.
- Instruct course load in compliance with faculty workload policy for adult students, workforce development and dual enrollment programs to include day/evening/weekend semester schedules when necessary.
- Accurately complete and submit paperwork in a timely manner to the appropriate area, including: office hours, course syllabus for each course taught, attendance rosters, grade sheets, drop/add forms, independent study forms, course substitutions, credit by exam forms, surveys, etc.
- Recommend textbooks with Associate Dean of CTE and/or Department chair in accordance with the college’s textbook ordering procedures.
- Supports the college in planning and implementation of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Actively participate in professional development activities related to respective disciplines for personal growth development including membership in professional organizations.
- Implement all policies as established by the Board of Trustees.
- Maintains current knowledge in the appropriate academic fields; participates in staff development programs, workshops, seminars, and other continuing education programs as appropriate.
- Participates in recruitment of students and/or promotion of college programs as appropriate for the teaching area.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
How to Apply
Submit an MTCC application and resume:
Via email to- email@example.com
Via mail to-
McDowell Technical Community College
54 College Drive
Marion, NC 28752
In-person to- Breanna Wilson, MTCC, 54 College Drive (Marion, NC), Cedar Building, Business Office
Offers of employment are contingent upon receipt of official transcripts.
If you have questions, contact Breanna Wilson by email, phone or fax: