- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Thursday, November 30, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
A bachelor’s degree in nursing (BSN) from an academic institution accredited by a regional or national accrediting agency that is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Master’s degree is preferred. As required by the North Carolina Board of Nursing 21 NCAC 36.0318 (Faculty) “prior to or within the first three years of employment, have education in teaching and learning principles for adult education, including curriculum development, implementation, and evaluation, appropriate to faculty assignment.”
Current unrestricted license as a Registered Nurse in North Carolina.
Certified in CPR and have current immunizations.
Master’s degree with a major in Nursing Education
Primary responsibility for clinical instruction and coordination of nursing students, as well as laboratory and class assignments as needed. This adjunct nurse educator will participate in class, clinical and laboratory experiences with nursing students at all levels of the programs to include Practical Nursing, Associate Degree Nursing, and the LPN to ADN Option. This position provides instruction with the leadership of specific course instructors in addition to the director of the nursing programs.
- Assists and reports directly to the Director of Nursing Programs.
- Assists with the preparation of program, clinical, and laboratory documents as needed.
- Assists in planning and implementing the coordination of class, laboratory, and clinical experiences as assigned.
- Serves as an academic advisor when necessary.
- Participates in the ongoing development, implementation, and evaluation of the nursing courses and programs.
- Maintains effective communication with students, other faculty, staff, and director.
- Attends faculty, college, program, and divisional meetings, and serves on designated committees as needed.
- Documents student academic outcomes related to class, clinical and laboratory experiences.
- Provides laboratory instruction to practical nursing, associate degree nursing, and LPN to ADN students as needed.
- Provides clinical instruction at various affiliate healthcare organizations to practical nursing, associate degree nursing, and LPN to ADN students. The percentage or ratio of laboratory and clinical instruction will vary from semester to semester based upon programmatic needs.
- Maintains classrooms and nursing laboratory in a functional, clean, safe state.
- Performs other related duties incidental to the position as deemed necessary by the Director of Nursing Programs, Dean of Health and Public Service Technologies, or Vice President for Academic Affairs.