- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Thursday, August 1, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution in Information Technology, Information Science, Computer Science, Web Technology or similar degree.
- Strong knowledge in the following areas:
- Web technologies (HTML5, WordPress, Adobe Dreamweaver), Computer Graphics, Web Design, Multimedia and Interactive Design.
The primary purpose and function of this position is to deliver instruction and support student success.
The adjunct Information Technology Instructor will:
- plan, organize, and teach classes in the Information Technology curriculum programs as assigned to ensure that student learning outcomes are consistent with program learning outcomes and the mission of the college;
- maintains necessary records and submits all reports in a timely manner;
- prepares and revises syllabi;
- other duties as assigned.
- Use available instructional technologies.
- Candidate must be able to teach online.
How to Apply
MUST READ Special Instructions and Additional Information to Applicants:
All applications for this position must be submitted directly via our online application system at https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/halifaxcc. Applications submitted through third party sites will not be accepted. Application packets for employment must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. on the closing date. If multiple applications are submitted to an individual posting, only the most recent application received prior to the posting close date will be accepted.
Resumes are not accepted in lieu of state applications. "See Attached Resume", etc. will result in an incomplete application. Resumes, cover letters, and all transcripts listed on application must be uploaded with your application.
To receive credit, all relevant experience must be included in the work history section of the application. Any information omitted from the application but included in the resume will not be considered for qualifying credit.
Persons eligible for Veteran's Preference must submit a copy of Form DD-214.