Closes: Thursday, September 30, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Bachelor's Degree in Education or related field
- Experience working in an educational setting
- Ability to use computers and software to support instruction
- Experience with students with IDD, IEPs, and/or adults with disabilities.
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION:
Our ABLE pathway serves students who want to achieve a higher level of independence and increase their academic skills by focusing on educational, social, vocational and life skills in a supportive academic setting.
Instructors in College and Career Readiness provide quality learning experiences, facilitate the learning process, participate in professional development opportunities, and contribute to the development of the College and Career Readiness program.
Part-time position (up to 25 hours per week), salary commensurate with education and experience. Adjunct faculty are employed on a per course basis. A temporary at-will contract will be prepared for each course taught.
- College and Career Readiness instructors help prepare students for post-secondary education or a career by improving their reading, writing, and math skills, preparing for the high school equivalency exam, learning English, and improving their general academic skills.
- Duties can include but are not limited to: lesson plan preparation, incorporating contextualized instruction and/or differentiated instruction, appropriate integration of technology, accurate record keeping, and weekly and monthly paperwork submission.
COLLEGE REQUIREMENTS OF ALL EMPLOYEES:
- Demonstrated excellence in written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equal opportunity, and the academic, intellectual, and social development of all students and employees
- An understanding of and commitment to the comprehensive community college philosophy and mission
- Treats others respectfully, speaks to others courteously, and behaves in such a way that creates a workplace environment that is marked by trustworthiness, honest but polite communication, and interpersonal interactions that are both personally cordial and professionally appropriate
- Acts as a team player when working with any and all employees of the College
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Melanie L. Avelino
Director of Human Resources
Randolph Community College
629 Industrial Park Avenue
Asheboro, NC 27205