- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Saturday, July 31, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- BS/BA with a CPA License OR 18 Graduate hours in accounting.
- Minimum of one year in Accounting Industry.
- Must be able to effectively teach online through Moodle and effectively communicate with students in writing through Moodle messaging and email.
See minimum qualifications
Teaches assigned online courses in Accounting classes. Reports to the Business, Technology, and Cosmetology Division Chair. Job duties include organizing a semester course following departmental guidelines, creating course materials (tests, handouts, lectures, slides, assignments, rubrics, models, activities, group work), determining a fair grading system, setting up policies compliant with departmental and school regulations, holding student conferences as needed, and creating lesson plans. Instructors will utilize MCC’s Moodle Open LMS to maintain all academic classroom records such as syllabus, assignments, and assessments, including keeping an updated Moodle gradebook.
Instructors will keep attendance using College provided Attendance Sheets, complete FTE and progress reports as required, correspond with supervisors through e-mail in a timely manner, submit grade and attendance reports as required, work with students registered with Disabilities Services, and be accessible to supervisors by phone and email.
Instructors will complete all compulsory training in regard to the Moodle LMS, FERPA, Title IX, and Campus Safety.
Instructors should deal with student issues professionally and report unresolved issues or classroom incidents to their supervisors. Instructors must adhere to all division and campus policies and procedures.
Courses available for online instruction are ACC 129, ACC 140, and ACC 150
How to Apply
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION:
Applicants interested in applying for the above position should submit:
- Completed and signed Martin Community College application (http://www.martincc.edu/jobs)
- Copy of college transcripts (originals will be required if offer of employment is extended)
- Resume and cover letter (not accepted in lieu of application)
Application materials may be submitted via email to: email@example.com with position title in the subject line OR mailed to: Martin Community College, Attn: Office of Human Resources 1161 Kehukee Park Road Williamston, NC 27892