- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Tuesday, January 25, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing
- Current unrestricted North Carolina License to function as a registered nurse
- Two years of full-time direct patient care as a registered nurse
- Attain/maintain teaching requirements per the NCBON, which reads: (g) Nurses licensed pursuant to this Chapter who are full-time and part-time faculty and who teach in a program leading to initial licensure as a nurse shall:
(1) hold either a baccalaureate in nursing or a graduate degree in nursing from an accredited institution;
(2) have two calendar years or the equivalent of full-time clinical experience as a registered nurse;
(3) if newly employed in a full-time faculty position on or after January 1, 2016, hold a graduate degree from an accredited institution or obtain a graduate degree in nursing from an accredited institution within five years of initial full-time employment;
(4) prior to or within the first three years of employment, have education in teaching and learning principles for adult education, including curriculum development, implementation, and evaluation, appropriate to faculty assignment. Once completed, this preparation need not be repeated if employing organization is changed. This preparation may be demonstrated by one of the following:
(A) completion of 45 contact hours of Board-approved continuing education courses;
(B) completion of a certificate program in nursing education;
(C) nine semester hours of graduate course work in adult learning and learning principles;
(D) National certification in nursing education; or
(E) documentation of successful completion of structured, individualized development activities of at least 45 contact hours approved by the Board.
Criteria for approval shall include content in the faculty role in the curriculum implementation, curricular objectives to be met and evaluated, review of strategies for an identified student population, and expectations of student and faculty performance. Any registered nurse who was employed as a nurse faculty member or program director prior to January 1, 1984, shall be exempt from the requirements in Subparagraph (g)(4) of this Rule.
(5) maintain competence in the areas of assigned responsibility; and
(6) have knowledge of current nursing practice for the registered nurse and the licensed practical nurse.
- Master’s Degree in Nursing preferred
- Simulation Experience
Teach classroom and/or clinical, evaluate student progress, develop instructional plans, advise students, maintain records and prepare a variety of reports as requested; in conjunction with the coordinator, implement, supervise, and evaluate clinical activities for the ADN students.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Teach program material via seated and online classes as required by the schedule.
- Learn new material to keep up with changing technology.
- Facilitate regular and substantive interaction via proactive communication with students.
- Participate in recruiting new students.
- Ensure classrooms, labs, and lab equipment are in good repair and maintain a safe environment for students and employees.
- Serve as a mentor to students in your area of expertise.
- Act as a liaison between students, clinical coordinators, and clinical agency representatives
- Collaborate with clinical affiliates to plan, implement, and evaluate student clinical experiences
- Conduct student advising conferences related to student progress
- Coordinate, supervise, and evaluate student performance in clinical situations
- Create, administer, grade, and maintain records for exams, projects, activities, and reports for evaluation of students in courses
- Participate in annual Nursing Advisory Board meeting
- Participate in course and curriculum revision
- Participate in professional development, college-wide and as appropriate to the position
- Participate in student recruitment and retention
- Perform other duties incidental to the work described herein
- Report to the Clinical Coordinator
- Serve on a variety of committees, professionally
- Submit monthly payroll
Required Position Training to be completed in the first year of hire:
- New Employee Onboarding
- Google Docs
- Microsoft Office
- Purple Briefcase
- School Dude
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Human Resources Specialist
Stanly Community College
141 College Dr.
Albemarle, NC 28001