- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Friday, July 31, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Associate's degree in the discipline with extensive certifications, experience and/or coursework in BioWork, Pharmaceuticals, Chemistry, Biotechnology, Industrial Technologies, or related science.
- Master's degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Industrial Technology, Biochemistry, Biology, or a closely related field.
- Two year's biopharmaceutical manufacturing experience.
- College and/or high school teaching experience.
- Experience using Blackboard.
- Familiar with BioWork certificate program.
At Central Carolina Community College, we create transformative lifelong learning opportunities! We expect all employees to find ways to remove barriers to student success and provide all students a pathway to achievable dreams. Our employees are charged to recognize the challenges we face and to respond to them with empathy, understanding, and a willingness to help.
CCCC is recruiting for an Adjunct Instructor to support the Lead Instructor, Biotechnology Programs and will be based at the Center for Workforce Innovation in Sanford but may also include courses offered in Chatham, Harnett, and/or Lee County locations as well as online.
The purpose of an adjunct instructor at the Central Carolina Community College is to ensure maximum student learning. The instructor accomplishes this by presenting discipline specific learning outcomes through lecture, demonstration, projects, assignments, appropriate classroom management, etc. and by providing authentic student assessment that documents learning has occurred.
- Facilitate learning through curriculum and continuing education.
- Maintain accurate documentation required for students and instructors for the course.
- Keep current with information and skills in teaching field.
- Work cooperatively with all directors and staff.
- Support a diverse group of students including adult learners, women, and underrepresented minorities in STEM.
- Other duties as assigned.