- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Tuesday, December 31, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Master's in discipline being taught or a closely related field plus 18 graduate hours in the discipline. A willingness to implement strategies for engaging online learners and participate in professional development that improves online pedagogy.
Online teaching experience or strong technology skills preferred. Experience with Open LMS or Moodle.
This job posting is being used to capture a pool of qualified adjunct faculty candidates. Adjunct faculty are part-time, non-salaried faculty who are paid for each class taught and are hired on an as-needed basis. An adjunct job posting does not imply an open position exists at this time. The need for adjunct faculty changes from semester to semester and should be considered temporary in nature.
Online instructors will have some of the following duties:
- Collaborate with the Subject Matter Expert regarding course assignments and Moodle layout
- Create virtual lessons
- Keep track of weekly attendance in WebAdvisor
- Communicate with students and provide feedback through Moodle and Gmail
- Answer student emails within 24 hours
- Inform students of progression status throughout the class
- If needed, hold virtual meetings with students who need assistance
- Participate in professional development to stay abreast of best practices in online instruction and mathematics instruction
Job Post Contact
Morgan R, Bland, Director of Human Resources
**Applicants must submit a completed Nash Community College application and unofficial transcripts in order to be considered. Applications referencing resumes will not be considered. Completed applications need to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to Human Resources, PO Box 7488, Rocky Mount, NC 27804**