This position will be specifically assigned to Atrium Health Carolinas Medical Center ICU.
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Monday, January 31, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Two years of experience as a Registered Respiratory Therapist in clinical Respiratory Care
- Associate in Applied Science Degree in Respiratory Therapy required
- Baccalaureate degree from an academic institution accredited by a regional accrediting agency that is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (USDE) preferred
- Registered Respiratory Therapist by National Board for Respiratory Care
- Currently licensed and in good standing with the North Carolina Respiratory Care Board
Implement and evaluate clinical activities for Respiratory Therapy students at assigned clinic sites; Maintain records as requested. This position will be specifically assigned to Atrium Health Carolinas Medical Center ICU.
Clinical affiliates and/or off-site facilities may require faculty participating in clinical/off-site activities to complete a criminal background check, drug screening, and provide proof of current immunization status, health status, and CPR certification. Faculty are required to present verification of current up-to-date immunizations, as required by the facility, and current CPR status, as required by the facility, to their supervisor annually.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Supervise and evaluate student performance in Respiratory Therapy clinical situations.
- Participate in the revision process as needed for the course(s) or curriculums in the field or related areas.
- Attend annual advisory committee meetings.
- Advise students on a semester basis in relation to academic progress.
- Maintain effective relationships with the clinical affiliate concerning activities of both faculty and students functioning in clinical areas.
- Maintain ongoing communication with the Program Director, Director of Clinical Education, and Medical Director.
- Participate in professional organizations, attend conferences and workshops as appropriate and maintain professional contacts with instructors in similar instructional areas on other campuses.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
CLINICAL SITE REQUIREMENTS
This paragraph applies only to employees who serve students at clinical affiliates or off-site facilities. Clinical affiliates and/or off-site facilities may require employees participating in clinical/off-site activities to complete a criminal background check, drug screening, and provide proof of current immunization status, health status, and CPR certification. Immunizations may include full vaccination for COVID-19 as a condition for entry to the facility, and proof of immunization is considered a minimum qualification for positions that require employees to supervise students being educated at such facilities. Such employees are required to present verification of current or up-to-date immunizations (including for COVID-19 for employees hired after September 1, 2021), as required by the facility, and current CPR status, as required by the facility, to their supervisor annually. Employees who serve students at clinical affiliates or off-site facilities and who are hired on or after September 1, 2021, are required to provide proof of full vaccination for COVID-19 on their first day of employment as a condition of their employment, except where they have a qualifying medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance that is contrary to receiving the vaccine. Medical or religious exemptions are determined by the off-site facilities and not Stanly Community College unless the off-site facility has specifically designated the College as responsible for that decision. Decisions for exemptions must be complete within a six-month probationary period or at the discretion of the off-site facilities. Full-time faculty who were continuously employed in the same position before September 1, 2021, are not required to provide proof of full vaccination for COVID-19 and their job duties may be modified if they are denied entry to a facility due to vaccination status. Part-time employees whose contract is expired after September 1, 2021, and who apply for rehire will be required to meet the vaccination requirements of the clinical or off-site facilities if the position into which they are hired requires them to supervise students being educated at such facilities.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Human Resources Specialist
Stanly Community College
141 College Dr.
Albemarle, NC 28001