- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Friday, December 4, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Master’s degree in subject area or master’s degree with a minimum of 18 graduate hours in Communications.
- Knowledge of Learning Management Systems and facilitative practices
- Master’s degree in Communications
- Online Teaching experience
- Quality Matters or other online instruction quality training
Adjunct Instructor, Communications, teaches courses as assigned, provides quality learning experiences, stays current on research in subject issues and industry trends, facilitates and evaluates student progress, develops instructional plans, participates in job-related professional development opportunities, maintains records, and contributes to the development of curriculum courses/programs.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Teach online and/or seated COM 231 (Public Speaking) and/or other COM courses as assigned each semester and keep accurate attendance records.
- Create, administer, grade, and maintain records for students in each course.
- Offer instruction in varied of formats, seated, hybrid, online, and synchronous online meeting platforms.
- Participate in the evaluation and acquisition of instructional materials, audio-visual aids, and equipment needs.
- Provide timely, meaningful, and substantive feedback for students’ work.
- Advise/coach students as they progress in the course.
- Attend meetings, conferences, and training sessions as required.
- Develop and/or revise course outlines, lesson plans, tests and other instructional materials as needed.
- Maintain regular, appropriate, professional communication with students.
Required Position Training to be completed in the first year of hire:
- Dropout Detective
- eLearning Tools
- Microsoft Office
- Quality Matters (through SCC)
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Human Resources Specialist
Stanly Community College
141 College Dr.
Albemarle, NC 28001