- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Monday, December 31, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
1. Master of Fine Arts Degree with concentration in Computer Art, New Media Arts, Graphic Design or related field of graphic arts.
2. Proficiency in Adobe CC software in areas of bitmap and vector creation as well as time based media including motion graphics.
1. One to three years of teaching experience ore relative job experience.
Under the direction of an appointed supervisor, the primary purpose of an instructor is to provide quality instruction for the students of Western Piedmont Community College. The Computer Art Instructor, under the supervision of the Program Coordinator of Visual Arts, and the Program Coordinator of Digital Effects and Animation Technology is responsible for developing and teaching Computer Art courses, including Computer ART I and Computer ART II that range from bitmap and vector graphics creation and time based media formats.
The instructor works with full-time faculty in assessing students and following all course guidelines. Position is subject to all terms and provisions of WPCC’s adjunct faculty contract.
1. Develop, refine, and teach course(s) in an appropriate discipline as defined by the ART Program Coordinator.
2. Participate in annual student and chair/coordinator evaluations.
3. Comply with departmental curriculum, grading standards, attendance policies, textbook choices, assessments, and other established processes.
4. Assists in maintaining the digital computer labs including software updates and lab peripheral equipment.
5. Commit to furthering the mission, goals, and core values of the college.
6. Attend classes regularly; return graded work, college reports, credentials, and other requested documentation in a timely manner.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Western Piedmont Community College