Wilkes Community College, Herring Hall- Wilkesboro, NC
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Tuesday, February 28, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Requires an Associate Degree in Dental Hygiene or related
- Must be a graduate of an ADA accredited Dental Hygiene program.
- Must have a NC RDH license or be license eligible.
- Requires a minimum of two years of full-time private practice experience or equivalent.
- Must be CPR certified.
- Must work harmoniously with the staff, faculty, and general public.
- Must have a background in educational methodology or complete activities assigned in educational methodology for CODA compliance.
- Prefers working knowledge of dental office practice management software such as EagleSoft..
- Prefers working knowledge of dental imaging software.
- Must possess flexibility to learn new instructional techniques and technologies.
- Prefers moderate capabilities in Word, PowerPoint, and email.
- Able to perform normal duties with minimal supervision
The Dental Assisting Clinical Instructor (Hygienist) will provide supervision, guidance, and instruction to dental assisting students who are delivering care to patients in the clinic. The key functions of an adjunct clinical instructor are teaching and evaluating the clinical skills of the dental assisting students in their charge. The successful candidate will teach assigned clinical assignments in accordance with course competencies and syllabi and foster a safe and respectful learning environment.
- Hands-on instruction of clinical skills including: Use of dental practice software applications, patient management, assessment, hard & soft tissue charting, radiographic exposures (digital), prophylaxis, periodontal debridement, home care education, local delivery antimicrobials and fluoride and sealant application.
- Provides clinical education for dental assisting students.
- Works with Program Director and clinical coordinator to accomplish the goals of education in the clinic setting.
- Provides feedback and remediation as necessary for dental assisting students.
- Supports ADA CODA standards in operating the program as well as the objectives and mission of the intuition.
- Participates in on-going curriculum review and self-assessment.
- Utilizes data and maintains records concerning teaching activities including progress and achievement of students, prepares relevant reports, participates in outcomes assessment.
- Attends scheduled faculty meetings and clinical calibration meetings.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact