- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Saturday, August 11, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Master’s degree in Economics or Business Administration with 18 graduate hours in Economics related field from a regionally accredited institution.
2 years experience in instruction at the community college level.
Part-time faculty position beginning with the Fall 2018 semester. The College desires candidates with on-going professional development interests, love of teaching. Responsibilities include teaching, assessment, and fulfilling all the duties and responsibilities of part-time instructors as required. Teaching assignments may include day, evening, online, and/or hybrid classes.
• Course topics:
• Prepare and deliver coursework to students on topics related to microeconomics and macroeconomics.
• Prepare course materials such as syllabi, homework assignments, and handouts.
• Prepare course materials using Blackboard.
• Evaluate and grade students’ class work, assignments, and papers. Evaluate student performance fairly and consistently and return student work promptly to promote maximum learning.
• Compile, administer, and grade examinations.
• Keep abreast of developments in their field by reading current literature.
• Maintain student attendance records, grades, and other required records.
• Initiate, facilitate, and moderate classroom discussions.
• Maintain regularly scheduled office hours in order to assist students.
• Select and obtain materials and supplies such as textbooks. Contribute to the selection and development of instructional materials in accordance with course objectives.
• Plan, evaluate, and revise course content, course materials, and methods of instruction.
• Collaborate with colleagues to address teaching issues.
• Learn and use technology to enhance teaching and the educational experience when appropriate.
• Plan and organize instruction in ways that maximize documented student learning.
• Employ appropriate teaching and learning strategies to communicate subject matter to students.
• Modify, where appropriate, instructional methods and strategies to meet diverse student needs.
• Encourage the development of communication skills and higher order thinking skills through appropriate assignments.
• Maintain accurate records of student progress and submit final grade rosters to lead instructor each semester according to established deadlines.
How to Apply
To apply, go to jobs.beaufortccc.edu