- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Friday, July 30, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Master’s Degree in Economics or a master’s degree in Business with 18 graduate semester hours in economics.
- Experience using online learning management systems (Canvas, Moodle, Etc.)
Teach classroom and online sessions, conduct research in subject issues and industry trends, evaluate student progress and develop instructional plans. Review and request new materials, maintain records, and prepare a variety of reports as requested.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Teach classes as assigned each semester, prepare syllabi, and distribute appropriately, evaluate students, and participate in course improvements.
- Create, administer, grade, and maintain records for exams, projects, activities, and reports for evaluation of students in each course.
- Advise students on a bi-semester basis in relation to academic progress.
- Participate in the evaluation and acquisition of instructional materials, audio-visual aids, support, and equipment needs.
- Participate in the revision process as needed for the course(s) or curricula in a field or related area.
- Actively participate in student retention by introducing the Student Success Center activities to the students, referring students to the SCC, and either contacting or having SSC contact students after one week of missed classes.
- Review and recommend texts for use in program courses, within established guidelines.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Human Resources Specialist
Stanly Community College
141 College Dr.
Albemarle, NC 28001