- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Wednesday, July 31, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Some technical/professional training beyond high school
- 5 years’ experience in the Electrical Lineman field
- Prior teaching experience preferred
Electrical Lineman Adjunct Instructor will teach classroom sessions, conduct research in subject issues and industry trends, evaluate student progress, and develop instructional plans. Review and request new materials, maintain records, and prepare a variety of reports as requested. Will be teaching alone or with a team of instructors for the 8 week long Electrical Lineman course. Coursework includes Safe Line Truck Operations, Pole Climbing Safety, Line Construction, Single Phase to Three Phase Conversion, Transformer Installation and Service, and other related topics. Will also recommend changes to the curriculum and keep outdoor lab site in safe condition.
- Teach all assigned courses.
- Ensure that each class session contains essential curricular components, incorporates appropriate content and pedagogy, and is relevant to current events/trends.
- As needed, teach classes online, on-campus, and/or at off-campus sites.
- Evaluate student progress and provide appropriate, timely feedback.
- Maintain regular, appropriate, professional communication with students.
- Incorporate appropriate instructional technology to enhance student learning.
- Ensure cleanliness of instructional areas and laboratories.
- Ensure the proper operation of classroom/lab equipment, reporting any malfunctions to the appropriate person(s).
- Coordinate the evaluation and acquisition of instructional materials, audiovisual aids, support and equipment needs.
- Develop and distribute course syllabi according to the established template and guidelines, providing appropriate information to students concerning course expectations, evaluation criteria, and access to student services.
Other Services to Students
- Maintain appropriate accessibility for students, including availability by email.
- Assist in the recruitment and retention efforts of the College.
- Advocate and provide motivation for students.
Divisional Administrative Expectations
- Prepare and submit instructional records, reports, grades, and all other required paperwork in a timely, efficient manner meeting all deadlines, checking for accuracy, correctness and completeness of all data.
- Remain current in discipline and instructional methods through professional development activities offered by the College and other opportunities, including attendance at off-campus activities, webinars, etc., as approved.
- Participate in discipline, departmental, divisional, and institutional meetings and other announced co-curricular activities of the College as requested.
- Maintain regular, professional communication within the college and affiliated industry contacts.
- Support all functions of the College, including compliance with all facets of the College's policies.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Human Resources Technician
Stanly Community College
141 College Dr.
Albemarle, NC 28001