- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Thursday, September 30, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Associate degree
- Current Paramedic Credential
- Five years of experience teaching EMS classes
- Five years of experience as a Paramedic
- Bachelor’s degree or master’s degree
- Instructor credentials in one or more EMS/Allied Health Support Courses (e.g., CPR, ACLS, PALS, ITLS, AMLS, ASLS, etc.)
- Working knowledge of NCOEMS education requirements
- NCOEMS Level II Instructor status
The EMS Lead Instructor is responsible for assisting with coordination and instruction in the Stanly Community College EMS initial and continuing education programs as assigned and under the direction of the EMS Program Director. Duties include assurance of compliance with standards as set forth by the North Carolina Office of Emergency Medical Services (NCOEMS) and the EMS national accreditation and re-accreditation processes.
In addition, the lead instructor advises current students, facilitates lab and clinical sites, maintains necessary records, and evaluates course activities. The lead instructor is responsible for teaching courses as assigned, recommending and monitoring the performance of other adjunct instructors, staying current on research in subject issues and industry trends, evaluating student progress, and developing instructional plans and evaluation instruments. Other duties include reviewing and requesting new materials, maintaining records, and preparing a variety of reports as requested. This position is designated as an “EMS Training Coordinator” in collaboration with the EMS Program Director through NCOEMS and this position reports to the Emergency Medical Science Program Director.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Teach program material via seated and online classes as required by the schedule.
- Learn new material to keep up with changing technology.
- Facilitate regular and substantive interaction via proactive communication with students.
- Participate in recruiting new students.
- Ensure classrooms, labs, and lab equipment are in good repair and maintain a safe environment for students and employees.
- Serve as a mentor to students in your area of expertise.
- Assists the Program Director with leadership for course coordination and supervision of adjunct instructors.
- Assist the Program Director with Lead Instructor and Coordinator activities as delegated.
- Teaches in the paramedic courses and classes.
- Assists in the planning, coordination, and execution of didactic and lab instruction.
- Assists in the planning, coordination, and execution of clinical and/or field internship instruction.
- Assists Program Director with orientation, training, and supervision of clinical preceptors.
- Assists with continuous review and improvement of the educational program.
- Works cooperatively with the medical director to assure quality, oversight, and physician engagement.
- Build courses and submit them to the NC Office of EMS for approval in the Credentialing Information System (CIS).
- Upon request, re-credential qualified personnel satisfactorily completing recertification requirements in the EMS continuing education courses.
- Develop course outlines and determine implementation specifics for EMS classes.
- Participate in the review and revision of programs as needed for ongoing national accreditation and state approvals.
- Recommend budget needs for equipment, supplies, and travel.
- Maintain a relationship with community clinical facilities and assist in the training needs of the community relevant to this area.
- Participate in professional organizations, attend conferences and workshops as appropriate and maintain professional contacts with colleagues in similar instructional areas at other colleges.
- Advise students on an as-needed basis in relation to academic progress and career goals.
- Participate in the evaluation and acquisition of instructional materials, audio-visual aids, and equipment needs.
- Provide all necessary documentation to registration and accountability personnel.
- Participate in registration and evaluation activities.
- Participate in the EMS Program Review process.
- Perform other duties relevant to the work described herein.
Required Position Training to be completed in the first year of hire:
- New Employee Onboarding
- Google Docs
- Zoom / Google Meet
- Microsoft Office
- Purple Briefcase
- School Dude
- EMS Testing
- Platinum Planner
- Basic and Advanced Patient Simulators
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Human Resources Specialist
Stanly Community College
141 College Dr.
Albemarle, NC 28001