The instructor will be expected to teach seated (in-person) and possibly online classes. -Wilkes Community College-Main Campus
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Thursday, June 30, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Masters degree and a minimum of 18 graduate hours in engineering.
- 18 graduate hours in mathematics.
- Experience teaching experience at the community college level.
An Instructor’s primary responsibility is to maintain excellence in instructing students in his/her curriculum subject with the express goal of attaining certain student learning outcomes. The faculty member must instruct assigned courses in engineering in accordance with NCCCS curriculum standards and course descriptions in addition to the standards and guidelines set forth by the program accreditation entity.
Job Duties Adjunct Instructor Responsibilities:
- Assist with planning, placement, and supervision of students engaged in classroom and clinical education.
- Serve as a mentor/role model to students, faculty, and the community by presenting a positive professional image.
- Generally familiar with the North Carolina Community College System Combined Course Library and Curriculum Standards and assist in keeping the Wilkes Community College (WCC) catalog listings and discipline webpage information current and accurate.
- Assist the Lead Instructor and Chair in preparing academic schedules, selecting textbooks, and submitting accurate and timely information for the division schedule and textbook order.
- Advise students toward completion of program, diploma, or degree goals and assist students with job placement or college transfer.
- Refer students, as appropriate, to student support areas of WCC including Counseling and/or Student Support Services, the Learning Resources Center
- Other duties required by supervisor.
The instructor will be expected to teach seated (in-person) and possibly online classes.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact