- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Tuesday, December 6, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Master’s degree in English or a Master’s degree in a related discipline plus 18 graduate hours in English from regionally accredited institution.
Successful teaching experience in a community/technical college or similar post-secondary institution. Online teaching experience.
Part-time faculty position teaching courses in English. Teaching assignments may include day, evening, online, hybrid, blended, NCIH broadcast, and lab-based sections. This individual will also participate in course and curriculum design, development of student learning outcomes and assessment, and fulfill all the duties and responsibilities of instructors as required. Flexibility and willingness to change depending upon the needs of the students or the institution are also required.
1. Exhibiting an understanding and acceptance of the “open door” philosophy of Beaufort County Community College.
2. Instructing all programs or courses assigned according to published curriculum course outlines in the Master Curriculum File.
3. Incorporating innovative and creative teaching techniques where desirable.
4. Writing competency-based course outlines, behavioral objectives, and learning cycles for courses taught, and reviewing as scheduled.
5. Developing and distributing to students syllabi for each course taught.
6. Being responsible for administrative aspects relating to FTE reports, end-of -semester reports, posting grades, and submitting book orders to Lead Instructor.
7. Presenting to the Lead Instructor any problems, suggestions, and recommendations for improving instructional services.
9. Referring all students to Student Services who are scholastically deficient, consistently absent and tardy, or in need of counseling.
10. Creating alerts using AVISO software.
11. Maintaining a high, current level of subject matter by becoming involved in professional organizations and attending professional meetings.
12. Assisting in the selection of learning resources in appropriate subject area(s) and encouraging students to use these materials.
13.Fulfilling other responsibilities as assigned by the Lead Instructor and Division Dean.