- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Monday, January 31, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Must be able to develop lesson plans for a classroom setting that incorporate contextualized instructions or real-life/authentic materials. Must be able to teach without resulting to translating.
- Native-like fluency in English.
- Master’s Degree in TESOL, Linguistics, or similar.
- At least one year’s experience teaching ESL in a K-12 classroom or 6 months teaching adults with an ESOL certificate from a regionally accredited institution of higher education.
English as a Second Language (ESL) is one component of the College and Career-readiness department at Stanly Community College. ESL is designed for those whose native language is not English. These classes help students improve their English through reading, writing, listening and speaking. ESL classes meet various days and times at on-campus and off-site locations.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with diverse populations.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to motivate students, build their self-esteem, help students recognize their strengths and weaknesses and improve all four components of English Language Skills.
- Be a positive and professional role model for students and colleagues.
- Prepares and teaches high quality lessons for multi-level classes.
- Submits all documentation (registration, attendance, time sheets) via in mail or in person delivery to the ESL coordinator within prescribed time period.
- Conduct CASAS testing for new students and once they have completed 60 hours of coursework.
- Fulfills all contractual agreements including holding classes the required hours at the appointed times.
- Participates in professional development activities provided by Stanly Community College as assigned.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Human Resources Specialist
Stanly Community College
141 College Dr.
Albemarle, NC 28001