Bertie Correctional Institution
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Friday, December 31, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- MA in Business OR a MA plus 18 graduate hours in Business OR a Bachelor’s in Business with at least two-years’ experience as an entrepreneur OR at least 10 years’ experience as an entrepreneur.
- Must be able to effectively teach face-to-face classes in a correctional institute atmosphere.
- Additional Requirements: Applicant must be able to successfully complete all NC Department of Corrections requirements for working on the premise. This includes but may not be limited to a thorough criminal background check, required orientation, and routine security checks
Teaches assigned face-to-face Entrepreneurship classes.
- Job duties include organizing a semester course following departmental guidelines, creating course materials (tests, handouts, lectures, slides, assignments, rubrics, models, activities, group work), determining a fair grading system, setting up policies compliant with departmental and school regulations, holding student conferences as needed, and creating lesson plans.
- Instructor will keep attendance using College provided Attendance Sheets, complete FTE and progress reports as required, correspond with supervisors through e-mail in a timely manner, submit grade and attendance reports as required, work with students registered with Disabilities Services, and be accessible to supervisors by phone and email.
- Instructors will complete all compulsory training regarding FERPA, Title IX, and Campus Safety.
- Instructors should deal with student issues professionally and report unresolved issues or classroom incidents to their supervisors.
- Instructors must adhere to all policies and procedures established by Bertie Correctional Institute, the Business/Technology/Cosmetology Division, and Martin Community College Campus.
How to Apply
Applicants interested in applying for the above position should submit:
- Completed and signed Martin Community College application (www.martincc.edu/jobs)
- Copy of college transcripts (originals will be required if offer of employment is extended)
- Resume and cover letter (not accepted in lieu of application)
Application materials may be submitted via email to: email@example.com with position title in the subject line OR mailed to: Martin Community College, Attn: Office of Human Resources 1161 Kehukee Park Road Williamston, NC 27892