Alamance Community College (Main Campus)
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Monday, November 30, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Associates Degree (or Higher) from a regionally accredited institution in Horticulture, Agri-business, Greenhouse Production or a related field
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills and commitment to the use of technology in instruction
- Ability to work effectively and collegially with others in a team environment
- Current North Carolina driver’s license
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in horticulture related job
- Applicants should also be able to demonstrate the ability to implement strict safety protocols on a continual basis and pay close attention to detail.
A minimum of 1 year of prior teaching experience in a classroom/lab setting
Open Until Filled
Seeking qualified part-time candidates to teach curriculum-level horticulture courses, which may include Pest Management, Horticulture Turfgrass, Plant Materials, Equipment Operations and Maintenance, etc.
The person in this position plans and implements hands-on projects to reinforce course objectives.
Classes may be seated, hybrid, or online. Work hours may include day or evening classes.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
- Duties will include holding office hours, maintaining accurate documentation, and creating and assessing assignments and tests.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively with students, faculty, and staff.
- Also, the applicant must have the ability to operate equipment associated with the related courses.
How to Apply
- An ACC on-line application MUST be fully completed for consideration, which includes a required letter of interest, transcript attachment. Resume attachments are welcome but will not be accepted in lieu of complete application
- Applicants selected for on-campus interview will be asked to demonstrate skills needed to teach program courses.
Go to this link to apply: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/alamanceccedu