Alamance Community College (Main Campus)
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Friday, July 31, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related Information Technology field from a regionally accredited institution.
- Possession of a general working knowledge of programming, web development, Microsoft Office, networking, operating systems, database development, server administration, and cyber/systems security.
- Ability to provide effective instruction to students in information technology related courses.
- Willingness to teach in the day, evening, on Saturday, at unconventional times or via distance learning (online) as necessary.
- Ability to use technology (e.g. Internet) to deliver instruction.
- Commitment to the community college "open door" philosophy and the comprehensive community college concept.
- Excellent references from previous employers.
- Master's Degree in Computer Science or a related Information Technology field from a regionally accredited institution, or a Master's degree with at least 18 graduate hours in Computer Science or a related Information Technology field from a regionally accredited institution.
- Experience teaching programming, web development, Microsoft Office, and hardware/software courses.
- Familiarity with the Moodle learning management system and effective online instruction.
- Information Technology related certifications such as Microsoft, Cisco, Comp TIA, and/or other computer/network certifications.
- Coursework in other disciplines where technology may be applied.
Adjunct Information Technology Instructor, Alamance Community College.
Example of Duties
Successful candidate will teach courses related to web development, programming, Microsoft Office, database development and design, networking, systems security, and operating system management. In addition to teaching, the instructor will prepare lectures and demonstrations, assess student progress, support students face-to-face and online, and maintain and report attendance and grades.
How to Apply
An ACC on-line application MUST be fully completed for consideration, which includes a required letter of interest, transcript attachment and philosophy of teaching and learning as it relates to the community college setting. Resume attachments are welcome but will not be accepted in lieu of complete application.