Blue Ridge Community College, all campuses.
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Thursday, March 19, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Blue Ridge Community College is currently seeking applications for a part time Adjunct Instructor- Information Technology for all campuses. The primary purpose of this position is to sustain teaching performance at appropriate college levels for all assigned student populations, including qualified high school students, to include course loads, instructional technology, instructional materials and innovative communication delivery in the Information Technology discipline.
Education: Masters’ Degree from an accredited institution with a concentration in Information Technology or related area preferred. Bachelors’ degree in Information Technology or related field required.
Experience: All applicants must provide verifiable and relevant professional experience in a work-place setting or demonstrated instructional/teaching environment.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
Current knowledge of a variety of Information Technology topics including use of Microsoft Office applications. The person filling this position must possess strong personal and professional integrity, good interpersonal skills, effective verbal and written communication skills, and a commitment to safety.
Demonstrated proficiency using technology relevant to the course(s) being taught including any of the following subject areas:
• Microsoft Office Suite or similar productivity suite products,
• General programming and computer science concepts as well as basic UML diagramming
• Intermediate Java programming
• Android Mobile App and responsive HTML5 design and development
• Fundamental TCP/IP networking concepts and strong Cisco IOS, switch and router configuration
• General PC and Mac hardware and software technical support and troubleshooting knowledge
• Information Security concepts and administration
• Core HTML concepts and website creation and administration skills using WordPress
The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of at least one of the knowledge areas outlined above.
Physical Demands: The ability to perform all duties associated with the position including, but not limited to lifting, prolonged standing, sitting, bending, stooping, and operating or performing work with associated tools and machines.
Blue Ridge Community College is an Equal Employment Opportunity Institution.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact