- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Tuesday, January 2, 2024
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Current North Carolina Cosmetology or Manicuring License
- Current North Carolina Cosmetology or Manicuring Instructor License
- Certificate or higher in Cosmetology or Manicuring
- Minimum of one-year Salon work experience
- Minimum one year teaching experience in a community college setting
- Associate Degree in Cosmetology
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION: Adjunct Instructor, Manicuring reports directly to the Department Head, Cosmetology. Adjunct Instructor, Manicuring provides quality learning experiences, facilitate the learning process, advise students, seek professional development opportunities, and contribute to the development of curriculum courses/programs.
- The primary duty will be to teach in the area of Manicuring. The candidate needs to be able to teach the assigned course for the duration of the scheduled instruction, ensure that each class contains essential curricular components, and provide timely feedback and evaluate the student progress. The candidate needs to be able to prepare and submit instructional records, reports, grades, and all other required paperwork in a timely, efficient manner meeting all deadlines, checking for accuracy, correctness, and completeness of all data.
College Requirements of all Employees
- Demonstrated excellence in written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equal opportunity, and the academic, intellectual, and social development of all students and employees.
- An understanding of and commitment to the comprehensive community college philosophy and mission.
- Treats others respectfully, speaks to others courteously, and behaves in such a way that creates a workplace environment that is marked by trustworthiness, honest but polite communication, and interpersonal interactions that are both personally cordial and professionally appropriate.
- Acts as a team player when working with any and all employees of the College.
- Serves on institutional committees as appointed by the President.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as needed.
- Annually review all Randolph Community College safety rules and policies and be familiar with all emergency safety procedures. Promote good safety habits and be compliant with OSHA safety regulations.
- Randolph Community College conducts a background check and drug screening on all full-time new hires.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Director of Human Resources
Randolph Community College
629 Industrial Park Avenue
Asheboro, NC 27205