This is a part time adjunct position housed at the Ashe Campus, with the possibility of assignments in Wilkes.
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Friday, December 8, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Current North Carolina State Board of Cosmetic Arts license. Prefer at least 2 years’ experience as a licensed cosmetologist or manicurist.
- Classroom teaching experience preferred.
- Prefer at least 2 years experience as a licensed cosmetologist.
- Prefer previous classroom teaching experience.
An instructor’s primary responsibility is to maintain excellence in instructing students in his/her curriculum subject with the express goal of attaining certain student learning outcomes. In addition to the primary responsibility, Instructors will be required to complete various classroom administrative duties as well as duties helpful to satisfy the goals and objectives of WCC (Wilkes Community College) including committee service and professional development.
This is a part time adjunct position housed at the Ashe Campus, with the possibility of assignments in Wilkes. This position may require weekend and evening hours. The Manicurist instructor position includes the following responsibilities and expectations:
- Teach courses in the manicurist program, including but not limited to basic and advanced nail care including manicuring, pedicuring, acrylic application, gel nail application, dip application, anatomy of the nail, product chemistry salon management and fashion concepts.
- Model student expectations include effective communication, dependability, critical thinking, positive customer service, and leadership.
- Assist the coordinator with operations of salon retail operations related to the instructional manicurist lab, including handling payment transactions, making deposits, and managing supplies and products.
- Enforce safety and NC Board of Cosmetic Arts regulations.
- Instruct students to follow state board evaluation plans
- Maintain documentation, including student records.
- Support the college’s commitment to enhance student learning by increasing student disposition to use critical thinking skills via professional development activities.
- Facilitate a scheduled theory class
- Safety and Infection control instruction
- Practical demonstration and instruction
- Managing student records, including practice area completion, grades/evaluations, and attendance
- Maintain a secure testing environment
- Conducting proper student evaluation plan procedures per state board standards
- Maintain supply and equipment inventory
- Be able to travel to local high schools/community events to conduct presentations about the program
- Facilitate high school theory, practice, and evaluations
- Evaluate learning progress of students
- Contribute to curriculum improvements
- Help coordinator with State Board test instruction and mock testing
- Make sure all procedures are completed safely and by evaluation plan
- Keep a clean working environment
- Attend professional development activities as scheduled by coordinator
- Current knowledge of NC Board of Cosmetic Arts rule and regulations
How to Apply
Job Post Contact