Adjunct Instructor, Manufacturing and Trades
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Sunday, April 30, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Required educational background:
- Experience in manufacturing is a plus. Education and certifications must be applicable to teaching assignment(s).
Required kind and number years of work experience:
- Associate’s degree in related field or equivalent in training, education, and/or experience plus at least five years related experience. Previous teaching experience preferred, but not mandatory.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Good oral communication; ability to adapt to a fast pace, ever-changing work environment; maintain positive work relations with other staff members.
- Computer skills (MS Office Suite) a plus.
At Central Carolina Community College, we create transformative lifelong learning opportunities! We expect all employees to find ways to remove barriers to student success and provide all students a pathway to achievable dreams. Our employees are charged to recognize the challenges we face and to respond to them with empathy, understanding, and a willingness to help.
Instruct related courses that meet the Continuing Education training needs of businesses and job seekers in the College tri-county service area. Subject areas may include Construction & Systems (e.g. carpentry, electrical, electronics, plumbing, HVAC, welding;) Machines & Manufacturing (e.g. forklift, lean manufacturing, machining, maintenance, quality, welding;) or Vehicles & Engines (e.g. automotive, small engine repair.) Instructor will ensure maximum student learning by presenting discipline-specific learning outcomes through lecture, demonstration, and hands-on activities, etc.
Travel within the three county service area to carry out the duties and responsibilities of the position may be needed on occasion.
Diversity Policy: Central Carolina Community College believes the college experience is greatly enriched through diversity; therefore, the college encourages diversity of thought within the student body and staff. Furthermore, the college seeks to promote awareness of diversity and the respect for all individuals, and the college pledges to adhere to this mission in its relationship with the community.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Work with Director, Business and Applied Technologies to plan course content. Provide insight and recommendations, as requested, for special projects.
- Execute course content within contracted schedule.
- Submit end-of-class paperwork in a timely manner; follow processes documented in the Adjunct Instructor Handbook.
- Assess the need for equipment, supplies, and instructional materials; recommend purchases as necessary.
- Utilize subject matter expertise to assist the Director, Business and Applied Technologies with new course project planning, as requested.
- Work cooperatively with other staff and faculty, as applicable.
- Represent Central Carolina Community College in a professional manner on any campus, and while conducting off-site training at business and industry locations.
- Maintain current industry licensure and/or credentials, as appropriate.
- Keep current with information and skills in related teaching field.
- Recognizing and respecting the variety of experiences and contributions represented by all of our students, employees, and community, the Adjunct Instructor, Manufacturing and Tradeswill encourage a learning environment where everyone is supported and valued for their unique perspectives and experiences and will foster and promote the participation of all members of our diverse communities.
Job Post Contact
Central Carolina Community College Human Resources
1105 Kelly Drive, Sanford, NC 27540