- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Monday, December 5, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Master’s degree in Mathematics or a Master’s degree in a related discipline with 18 graduate hours in Mathematics from a regionally accredited institution.
Successful teaching experience in a community/technical college or similar post-secondary institution.
This position is a part-time position teaching courses in Mathematics. Teaching responsibilities may include evening or day, and hybrid or blended sections. This instructor will be expected to deliver high-quality instruction, provide supplemental materials to enhance textbooks and lessons, and use effective evaluation methods to measure student performance. Additionally, the instructor will participate in course and curriculum design, maintain accurate attendance and grade records, collect and submit data from student learning outcomes and assessments, and fulfill all instructional-related duties and responsibilities in a timely manner.
1. Exhibiting an understanding and acceptance of the “open door” philosophy of Beaufort County Community College.
2. Incorporating innovative and creative teaching techniques where desirable.
3. Developing and distributing syllabi to students for each course taught.
4. Being responsible for administrative aspects relating to FTE reports, end-of -semester reports, posting grades, and submitting book orders to Lead Instructor.
5. Presenting to the Dean or Lead Instructor any problems, suggestions, and recommendations for improving instructional services.
6. Encouraging student use of campus resources such as Trio, Learning Enhancement Center, Tutor.com, etc.
7. Referring all students to Student Services who are scholastically deficient, consistently absent and tardy, or in need of counseling.
8. Maintaining a high, current level of subject matter by becoming involved in professional organizations and attending professional meetings.
9. Fulfilling other responsibilities as assigned by the Lead Instructor and Division Dean.