- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Monday, November 30, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Associate's degree in Nursing with current RN license in NC and two years’ experience as a nurse.
Experience teaching Nurse Aide I and Nurse Aide II, preferred. Certification in AHA (CPR) health care provider instructor certification, Medication Aide instructor certification and NACES evaluator experience a plus.
POOLING APPLICANT NOTICE:
This job posting is being used to capture a pool of qualified adjunct faculty candidates. Adjunct faculty are part-time, non-salaried faculty who are paid for each class taught and are hired on an as-needed basis. An adjunct job posting does not imply an open position exists at this time. The need for adjunct faculty changes from semester to semester and should be considered temporary in nature. Applications for an adjunct position will remain active for one (1) year and will be evaluated only when a specific class need occurs.
Responsible for providing effective instruction consistent with established objectives and teaching methods in the areas of Nurse Aide I and Nurse Aide II in conjunction with NC Department of Humans Services and NC Board of Nursing regulations.
- Collaborate with program coordinator regarding instructional content and methods.
- Maintain an accurate gradebook, attendance sheet and other documentation required by credentialing agencies.
- Provide formative assessment on a regular basis.
- Supervision of students in clinical settings
- Provide assistance with online instruction and orientation.
- Attend professional development recommended by the department chair or online subject matter expert.