Rocky Mount, NC
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Saturday, December 31, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Associate’s Degree in Nursing from a regionally accredited institution. Must have a current license as a registered nurse in North Carolina, a minimum of two years of experience of full-time employment as a registered nurse in direct patient care in long-term care/skilled nursing facility; completion of a course in adult teaching/learning, demonstrated adult teaching experience, or experience in supervising nurse aides.
Experience teaching Nurse Aide I and Nurse Aide II, preferred. Certification in AHA (CPR) BLS instructor certification, Medication Aide instructor certification and Credentia evaluator experience a plus.
Responsible for providing effective instruction consistent with established objectives and teaching methods in the areas of Nurse Aide I and Nurse Aide II in conjunction with NC Department of Humans Services and NC Board of Nursing regulations.
POOLING APPLICANT NOTICE:
This job posting is being used to capture a pool of qualified adjunct faculty candidates. Adjunct faculty are part-time, non-salaried faculty who are paid for each class taught and are hired on an as-needed basis. An adjunct job posting does not imply an open position exists at this time. The need for adjunct faculty changes from semester to semester and should be considered temporary in nature. Applications for an adjunct position will remain active for one (1) year and will be evaluated only when a specific class need occurs.
- Collaborate with program coordinator regarding instructional content and methods.
- Maintain an accurate gradebook, attendance sheet and other documentation required by credentialing agencies.
- Provide formative assessment on a regular basis.
- Supervision of students in clinical settings
- Provide assistance with online instruction and orientation.
- Attend professional development recommended by the department chair or online subject matter expert.