Dillingham Campus (Burlington,NC)
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Thursday, July 1, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Documented knowledge of subject matter.
- Where required, maintain license or professional certification.
- 2+ years teaching experience.
- Associate’s Degree, or Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree from a regionally accredited post-secondary institution.
- 2+ years’ work experience in teaching and/or industry training experience in any of the following formats: teaching courses, training sessions, conducting professional development workshops, and/or other continuing education seminars.
- A well-documented history of work/life experience in the areas listed above.
ACC Workforce Develop ConEd (WDCE) Department seeks to build a pool of qualified applicants for adjunct (temporary, part-time) instructors positions to teach non-credit courses part-time through face-2-face and online instruction. WDCE non-credit courses serve our community and students who are seeking career advancement, up-to-date certification, licensing, exploring new careers and occupations. Teaching schedules will vary depending on non-credit course type and need. Applications are reviewed on an as-needed basis. Complete the application and attach a letter of interest, a current resume, and copies of unofficial transcripts to the application. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
As an ACC WDCE instructor teaching non-credit courses that focus on occupational or professional needs, we encourage candidates to apply who have can demonstrate capacity to create inclusive work environments, to work effectively on increasingly diverse teams, and to serve our increasingly diverse college community. Flexible scheduling is available, including day, evening, and weekend courses.
We are seeking these adjunct instructors in these areas:
- Computer Information Systems
- Business: Marketing Management, and Project Management
- Industrial Technology: Air Conditioning/HVAC, Construction Management, Building Maintenance, Electronics/Electricity, OSHA Safety, Plumbing, Water/Wastewater, and Welding.
- Notary Public Instructor: Must be a NC Secretary of State (NCSOS) Notary approved instructor. Must have an NC Notary License. Teach electronic notary. Maintain Notary certification through the NCSOS.
- NC Real Estate Instructor: Must be an NC Real Estate Commission approved instructor. Must have an NC Real Estate License
- 2+ years’ experience in teaching NC Real Estate pre-licensing, post-licensing approved and continuing education classes.
Ability to communicate with students and the public. Ability to apply supervisory skills, motivate students, be personable and professional, have patience with and understanding of students, and be able to learn and apply new concepts and ideas.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Preparing lesson plans for classroom instruction.
- Developing programs and syllabi, goals, objectives and outcomes.
- Evaluating students’ progress in attaining goals, objectives and outcomes.
- Keep appropriate records of testing and grading, as per college standards.
- Preparing and maintaining all required course documentation and administrative reports.
- Keep accurate student roster, attendance sheet and other required records.
- Provide input to the Director and Admin Support Staffers students’ outcomes.
- Enforce academic policy and procedures at all times.
- Report to the Director any issues, concerns, or problems as it relates to the curriculum, instruction or student conduct/behavior.
- Maintaining knowledge of current trends and developments in the field pertinent to the course subject matter been taught.
- Utilize technology to access data, maintain records, generate reports, communicate with others and facilitate learning.
- Maintain student discipline through effective classroom management.
- Ensuring safety and security requirements are met in the classroom area.
- Represent the college in a positive and professional manner at all times.
How to Apply
In addition to letter of interest addressing how you meet the minimum qualifications of this position, please submit your résumé and transcript(s) (unofficial copies of transcripts are acceptable). An ACC online application MUST be fully completed for consideration.
Go to this link to apply: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/alamanceccedu