- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Wednesday, August 11, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Mathematics Education, or Statistics.
Excellent written and oral communication skills
Knowledge of Moodle, EdReady, MyMathLab and/or WebAssign. Community College teaching experience and/or experience teaching Quantitative Literacy, Statistics or Pre-Calculus. Ability to teach face-to-face daytime and/or evening classes on Rockingham Community College’s campus.
Adjunct Faculty are professional, credentialed educators with the primary responsibility of providing quality learning experiences in credit or non-credit courses in their area of expertise for all Rockingham Community College (RCC) students. Adjunct Faculty are responsible for providing learning experiences on the main campus and off-site. Adjunct Faculty are responsible for but are not limited to planning, organizing, promoting, and teaching appropriate courses, to include online and hybrid. Adjunct Faculty are expected to perform all instruction-related duties in a timely manner and in accordance with the mission, policies, and procedures of the College, the North Carolina Community College System, and with appropriate accrediting entities where applicable.
- Planning and organizing the curriculum as approved by the RCC Board of Trustees, the North Carolina Community College System, and other accrediting entities.
- Teaching face-to-face courses on Rockingham Community College’s campus.
- Developing, with other program faculty and appropriate administration, program level competencies that outline expected student learning outcomes.
- Reporting student progress in mastering established learning outcomes based on identified and approved assessments.
- Implementing and providing effective instruction which demonstrates appropriate knowledge of his/her specialized field in accordance with best practice literature.
- Maintaining appropriate classroom standards that include the effective management of students in the classroom and the management of classroom and lab facilities and/or guiding instructors to do the same.
- Providing timely and accurate reports including 10% reports, grade reports, and other required reports related to instruction.
- Performing other duties as assigned by the appropriate Dean, Vice President for Academic Affairs and/or the President of Rockingham Community College.
- The College reserves the right to alter duties, responsibilities, conditions, working hours, and job title as necessary.