- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Sunday, July 31, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Associate's degree in Computer Aided Drafting, Mechanical Engineering or a related field.
- Be available to teach daytime on-campus courses, as well as synchronous online courses.
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- CAD Software – SolidWorks and AutoCAD
- Engineering materials and testing
- Experience with Blackboard
At Central Carolina Community College, we create transformative lifelong learning opportunities! We expect all employees to find ways to remove barriers to student success and provide all students a pathway to achievable dreams. Our employees are charged to recognize the challenges we face and to respond to them with empathy, understanding, and a willingness to help.
The Mechanical Engineering Technology Adjunct Instructor teaches courses for the Lee Main Campus. This could include a variety of courses including, but not limited to: AutoCAD, Solid modeling, mechanisms, and engineering materials.
Diversity Policy: Central Carolina Community College believes the college experience is greatly enriched through diversity; therefore, the college encourages diversity of thought within the student body and staff. Furthermore, the college seeks to promote awareness of diversity and the respect for all individuals, and the college pledges to adhere to this mission in its relationship with the community.
- Teach an assigned number of contact hours per semester.
- Prepare, maintain, and distribute for all scheduled courses' current course outlines and syllabi.
- Prepare for and meet classes as assigned, promptly evaluate student progress within one week and maintain a safe learning environment.
- Demonstrate concern for student retention by employing best practice strategies.
- Keep supervisor informed of matters pertaining to the curriculum.
- Assume other duties as requested by the supervisor and the College related to the instruction of classes assigned.
- Follow policies stated in the policies and procedures manual as it relates to instructor responsibilities.
- Work the required number of hours per week as related to classes assigned; post and hold the required office hours (one per class assigned per week).
- Submit records and forms in a timely fashion as required in the policy and procedures manual.
- Obtain Blackboard II and Blackboard Collaborate training as well as maintain a Bb course site for each course taught during the semester.