On & Offsite JCC Campus Locations, North Carolina
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Friday, August 31, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must also provide appropriate personal medical immunization documentation required by clinical affiliates.
Education Minimum: Associate's Degree
Experience Minimum: A minimum of 2 years full time clinical experience, management and supervision, in-service education, etc. in a hospital environment which includes abdomen and obstetric sonography.
Experience Preferred: Previous didactic (teaching) experience and advanced clinical experiences (beyond 5 years) in medical sonography.
Under the supervision of the Director of Imaging, Sonography Faculty are required to provide quality instruction in classroom, lab, and clinical settings and assume responsibilities designed to enhance the Sonography Program and Johnston Community College as assigned by the Director of Imaging Programs and/or the Dean of Health Wellness and Human Services.
Knowledge & Responsibilities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Providing instruction in classroom, lab, and clinical situations.
- Participating in the development, implementation and evaluation of curriculum and learning resources.
- Participating in the development of course outlines and overviews.
- Participating in student advising and counseling.
- Evaluating student learning academically and clinically.
- Participating in recruitment and selection of students.
- Participating in program evaluation/assessment and development and implementation of departmental policies and the annual departmental plan.
- Attend Faculty and Sonography Advisory Committee meetings.
- Contributing to effective relationships between the College and affiliating health service agencies.
- Complying with all requirements of the health service agencies.
- Performing other duties as assigned by the, Sonography Programs Director, Director of Imaging Programs and/or Dean of Health Wellness & Human Services.
Supervision of students in the classroom, lab, and clinical is required.
Effective written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Ability to perform basic math computations including adding, subtracting, multiplying and averaging all units of measure.
- Ability to compute fractions, percentages and decimals.
Ability to use effective critical thinking, problem solving and decision making
To perform this job successfully an individual should be proficient in using a Windows environment and have knowledge of email systems, PowerPoint, Blackboard, and online clinical tracking are required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact