100 College Drive
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Friday, December 31, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum Qualifications: Associate's Degree in Office Administration or related field of study. Two years office administration work experience
Preferred Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in Office Administration or related field of study. Two years teaching experience.
- Create an effective learning environment
- Meet classes as assigned
- Present instruction based on the student learning outcomes and performance levels of the course
- Use teaching methods designed for a variety of learning styles
- Use course text, outlines, syllabi and other curriculum materials in accordance with college and departmental guidelines
- Assist with maintaining a classroom environment emphasizing safety, good housekeeping, and equipment security
- Complete and submit on time all required instructional and administrative reports and records.
- Assist in enforcement of policies and regulations applicable to students and initiate student alerts when necessary.
- Course format – course(s) may be required to be conducted in any of the following formats (in-class, web, hybrid, and online). Additionally, course lab instruction may also be required.
Adjunct Faculty Assignments Other Than Instruction
- Participate in communications with the college and department and meet deadlines as required
- Submit required reports
- Participate in the college's assessment process, as required
- Fulfill all contract provisions
- Maintain a high level of professionalism as a representative of the college
- Maintain accurate attendance and scholastic records of students
- Maintain current knowledge of programs, trends, and new developments in area of expertise.
- Ensure educational program quality by engaging in continuous improvement through assessment of student learning outcomes.
How to Apply
MUST READ Special Instructions and Additional Information to Applicants:
All applications for this position must be submitted directly via our online application system at https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/halifaxcc.
Applications submitted through third party sites will not be accepted. Application packets for employment must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. on the closing date. If multiple applications are submitted to an individual posting, only the most recent application received prior to the posting close date will be accepted.
Resumes are not accepted in lieu of state applications. "See Attached Resume", etc. will result in an incomplete application. Resumes, cover letters, and all transcripts listed on application must be uploaded with your application.To receive credit, all relevant experience must be included in the work history section of the application.
Any information omitted from the application but included in the resume will not be considered for qualifying credit. Persons eligible for Veteran's Preference must submit a copy of Form DD-214.