201 Highway U.S. 321
Dallas, NC 28034
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Saturday, May 14, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Master’s degree from a nationally accredited institution in accounting (or in a related field with at least 18 graduate hours in accounting) required.
- Must meet minimum SACSCOC criteria and the minimum criteria of other pertinent accrediting, licensing, and credentialing agencies in the area of teaching assignment.
- Must be able to lift, carry, push, and/or pull up to 25 pounds.
- Frequent standing, walking, stooping, and bending required.
- Work environment can be stressful at times in dealing with a wide variety of challenges and deadlines.
- Three years of professional or teaching experience preferred.
- CPA or other professional licensure preferred.
- Experience teaching college-level courses preferred.
- Community college teaching experience preferred.
- Online teaching experience using Blackboard learning management system preferred.
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
An adjunct (part-time) instructor is a College employee whose primary assignment involves teaching or the direct support of teaching. The position of adjunct instructor involves delivery of instruction, preparation and evaluation of such instruction, and accessibility to students. Teach day and evening classes at multiple instruction sites through multiple modes as required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct assigned classes of instruction in the best manner to achieve student learning; present information, ideas, and skills in ways which are appropriate to a variety of learning styles and which show sensitivity to a diverse student population.
- Provide students with the approved course syllabus and relate instruction and evaluation to that syllabus.
- Treat students with tact and respect; maintain collegial relationships; and work productively as a member of a team.
- Evaluate achievement with timely interim and final performance evaluations and assign grades which reflect College policy and the achievement of course objectives as stated in the syllabus.
- Maintain overall accessibility to students, which necessitates flexibility in arranging out-of-class consultations to accommodate student needs.
- Maintain instructional quality and effectiveness through constant and timely revisions of courses and course syllabi within assigned content area.
- Maintain class records and submit required reports in a timely manner.
- Maintain currency in content areas through appropriate professional development.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact