School of Arts & Sciences and Professional Services
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Thursday, August 1, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Master's degree in Political Science or Master's degree and 18 hours in Political Science
- Two years teaching experience in Political Science;
- experience with Blackboard and Web Advisor;
- must be a team player who is committed to the community college "open door" philosophy and academic excellence;
- community college teaching and distance learning experience;
- Adheres to practices that promote and support academic excellence in teaching and learning.
The primary purpose and function of this position is to deliver instruction and support student success.
The adjunct Political Science Instructor will:
- plan, organize, and teach History and/or Cultural Studies courses as assigned to ensure that student learning outcomes are consistent with program learning outcomes and the mission of the college;
- maintains necessary records and submits all reports in a timely manner;
- prepares and revises syllabi;
- serves as a student/program advisor;
- participates in on-going professional development activities;
- Other duties as assigned by the Associate Dean of Curriculum/Chair of Arts & Sciences and Professional Services.
How to Apply
Special Instructions to Applicants and Additional Information:
All applications for this position must be submitted directly via our online application system at https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/halifaxcc. Applications submitted through third party sites will not be accepted.