Adjunct Welding Instructor
5049 NC Hwy. 306 S
Grantsboro, NC 28529
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Sunday, April 30, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Education: Associates Degree in Welding Technology.
Experience: Two years experience that includes SMAW stick, GMAW MiG, GTAW TiG, FCAW flux core, oxyfuel cutting, welding and brazing, GTAW pipe welding, plasma cutting, welding symbols, and shop drawings or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Candidate must be a dependable, dedicated professional and highly motivated self-starter. Must hold AWS or other nationally recognized credential. Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills and proficiency with computer software and learning management systems. Must hold a valid North Carolina driver’s license. Ability to present a professional teaching presence for theory and practical skills to develop rapport with students, faculty and workforce industry partners.
Faculty must demonstrate competence in subject matter and be dedicated to adult and community college education. Faculty must be competent in oral and written communication and in technology.
Preferred Qualifications: Three (3) to five (5) years of practical work experience in the Welding industry; residential, industrial experience; and equivalent combination teaching experience are preferred. Bilingual a plus.
- Instruct scheduled courses in welding in accordance with the Program of Study and the description published in the PCC Catalog and the North Carolina Community College System Common Course Library.
- Participates in implementation of program policies for admission, progression and retention to support students in meeting graduation requirements.
- Assists with coordination of observational experiences with workforce and industry partners.
- Participates in departmental, advisory, and administrative support committee meetings as scheduled.
- Instruct course load in compliance with faculty workload policy for adult students, workforce development and dual enrollment programs to include day/evening/weekend semester schedules when necessary.
- Accurately complete and submit paperwork in a timely manner to the appropriate area, including: office hours, course syllabus for each course taught, attendance rosters, grade sheets, drop/add forms, independent study forms, course substitutions, credit by exam forms, surveys, etc.
- Supports the college in planning and implementation of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Actively participate in professional development activities related to respective disciplines for personal growth development including membership in professional organizations.
- Implement all policies as established by the Board of Trustees.
- Maintains current knowledge in the appropriate academic fields; participates in staff development programs, workshops, seminars, and other continuing education programs as appropriate.
- Participates in recruitment of students and/or promotion of college programs as appropriate for the teaching area.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
How to Apply
This procedure must be followed or application may be rejected. Candidates should submit:
(1) signed Pamlico Community College application which can be obtained at the college website http://www.pamlicocc.edu/about-employment.php or by calling (252) 249-1851, extension 3005; (2) a photocopy of college transcripts, if applicable; (3) a resume. The resume is not a substitute for a completed application; the application must include work history. If you have transcripts already on file, please specify. Incomplete applications will not be eligible for consideration, and all requested information must be received by the deadline date. Mail to Susan McRoy, P.O. Box 185 (5049 Highway 306 South for carrier deliveries), Grantsboro, NC 28529, or email@example.com with position title in subject line or fax to 252-249-1622. Employment and selection procedures are outlined in Chapter 6 of PCC’s Policies and Procedures.
Job Post Contact
Susan C. McRoy
Payroll/Human Resources Technician
Pamlico Community College
PO Box 185
Grantsboro, NC 28529
(252) 249-1851 x3005