Main campus of Robesonn Community College, 5160 Fayetteville Rd., Lumberton, NC 28360
Closes: Friday, February 22, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Qualifications: Minimum of an Associate Degree in Secretarial/Office Systems Technology or a business related program; minimum of (2) years’ work experience in a clerical or administrative related position.
Same as minimum quaifications
The incumbent is responsible for providing basic clerical and office support for the faculty/staff of the Human Resources Development and Occupation Extension areas of RCC.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The incumbent has the following duties and responsibilities:
- Greeting students, visitors, employees, and peers with a pleasant, professional disposition
- Handling customer questions and problems in a timely, courteous manner.
- Handling all correspondence (oral, written, or electronic) with confidentiality.
- Performing basic clerical tasks via photocopier, fax machine, shredder, etc.
- Sorting and routing incoming/outgoing mail and correspondence.
- Receiving, screening, and placing telephone calls using proper etiquette.
- Ordering materials and supplies following prescribed procedures.
- Typing documents from rough drafts or dictation at 35-40 words per minute with no mistakes.
- Establishing and maintaining paper and electronic files.
- Arranging for meetings and conferences with staff and the general public.
- Preparing memos, letters, and other forms of correspondence as directed using Microsoft Office Suite; Creating, editing, and proofing a variety of documents accurately.
- Preparing minutes of meetings, agendas, lists, etc. from rough copy or dictation.
- Using special features and integration capabilities of the prescribed software packages.
- Entering basic alphanumeric data into computer database software and verifying it for accuracy.
- Formatting data as directed; Creating reports and business graphics from data, if required.
- Effectively utilize Registration Management System (Colleague) functions to build sections and register students to include SECT, RGN, RGST, EVAL, XATT, TRER, etc….
- Stay current with program admission requirements
- Represents programs at functions in absence of faculty
- Communicating the manager’s instructions to various individuals accurately.
- Furnishing or obtaining information from/for the manager with other managers accurately.
- Operating and transcribing voice messages from answering machines and similar voice mail devices.
- Participating in community college sponsored or endorsed professional/personal development activities as requested while Promoting Robeson Community College with local, state, regional, and national citizenry.
- Pursuing professional development course, seminars, workshops, and institutes designed to enrich and/or enhance the quality of secretarial support provided to the office and staff.
- Providing facilities scheduling and management support as requested.
- Familiar with social media (Facebook, Twitter)
- Assist with registering evening classes as needed.
- Participating in staff meetings called to expedite the business of the college.
- All other duties as assigned
How to Apply
Candidates for the position should complete an RCC Application for Employment and submit a Professional Resume, a photocopy of Official Transcripts, and any other supporting documentation related to the qualification requirements. Robeson Community College reserves the right to perform consumer background checks on applicants who are considered for employment and the College may administer personality profile testing as part of the selection process.
Application can be downloaded at https://www.robeson.edu/employment-opportunity
PersonnelServices, Robeson Community College, P. O. Box 1420 Lumberton, NC 28359 Phone: 910.272.3531 Fax: 910.272.3545