Siler City, NC
Closes: Tuesday, January 31, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Required educational background:
- High School Diploma or High School Equivalency Diploma
Required kind and number years of work experience:
- Two-year’s experience in an office setting regularly engaging with the general public, OR Combination of education, experience, and background equivalent to above
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Knowledge of standard office procedures and equipment.
- Knowledge of computer and office applications.
- Prior experience with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Workspace.
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills.
- Excellent customer service/communication skills.
- Ability to foster and maintain positive and collaborative relationships with internal and external partners.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing to students, parents, colleagues, and the community.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team.
- Ability to accurately maintain required documentation and prepare reports.
- Ability to utilize technology effectively.
- Ability to seek and identify methods for continuous improvement of the program.
- Understanding and respect for the diverse backgrounds of students, staff, and college community.
- Associate degree
- Experience in an academic setting
At Central Carolina Community College, we create transformative lifelong learning opportunities! We expect all employees to find ways to remove barriers to student success and provide all students a pathway to achievable dreams. Our employees are charged to recognize the challenges we face and to respond to them with empathy, understanding, and a willingness to help.
Provides general clerical and administrative support to the Dean of Career and Academic Engagement and professional/instructional staff assigned to the Siler City Campus. In addition, provides front-line support to students seeking to register for a variety of classes and programs including ESL, Adult High School, High School Equivalency, or Short-term training programs.
Occasional evenings and weekends required.
Diversity Policy: Central Carolina Community College believes the college experience is greatly enriched through diversity; therefore, the college encourages diversity of thought within the student body and staff. Furthermore, the college seeks to promote awareness of diversity and the respect for all individuals, and the college pledges to adhere to this mission in its relationship with the community.
- Serve as building receptionist.
- Respond to inquiries about College programs and classes.
- Assist in managing general information and registration inquiries for College and Career Readiness and Continuing Education coming through phone, email, and walk-in traffic.
- Receive and process registration payments and other receipts.
- Manage and maintain files related to programs, staff, and students.
- Maintain a calendar and schedule appointments for the dean as requested.
- Communicate and correspond on behalf of the dean as requested.
- Perform monthly audits of classes, sign in sheets, and instructor contracts.
- Assist in the preparation of course packets for instructors and the collection of closeout documentation for Continuing Education.
- Collect and process timesheets/payroll and substitute forms.
- Proctor computerized testing as necessary.
- Assist in planning staff events and graduation ceremonies
- Assist with orientation for new employees.
- Order necessary supplies and prepare requisitions.
- Maintain accurate records for all transactions affecting budget preparation. Ensures records and reports are kept safely and securely. Produces reports as needed.
- Assist with recruitment/marketing efforts.
- Complete the annual five-hour staff development requirement.
- Follow and support college activities, policies, procedures, and philosophies. Serve on college committees as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Recognizing and respecting the variety of experiences and contributions represented by all of our students, employees, and community, the Administrative Assistant - CCR Siler City will encourage a learning environment where everyone is supported and valued for their unique perspectives and experiences and will foster and promote the participation of all members of our diverse communities.